Club House and Shotgun Range closed 8:00 AM to conclusion of class activities. All ranges closed 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM or conclusion of class activities.
Maryland Hunter Safety Field Day Workshop - Internet, Independent Study Requirements:
8am-5pm - Club House and All Ranges - Setup for Live Fire, Field Day, and Class Administration
9am-1pm - DAV Hall - Safety Briefing, Written Exam, and Lunch
1pm-5pm - Club House, Shotgun Range, All Ranges - Live Fire, Field Walk, Class Administration
1. Students must be 10 years of age or older.
2. Students must complete the Maryland Hunter Ed online course at http://www.hunter-ed.com/Maryland/ and obtain a minimum score of 80% on the 75-question, online Field Day Qualifier exam. (Note: A fee of $15 must be paid to the online vendor.)
3. Students must print the Field Day Qualifier (course completion) voucher and provide it to BRGC when registering for the class, and again at the field day workshop.
4. Register for the BRGC Field Day Workshop using the link provided in the Field Day Qualification Voucher e-mail you receive from the MD DNR Police. Additional information regarding the workshop is available online at: https://www.register-ed.com/events/view/162456 and send the following information to HunterSafety@Berwyn.org:
o Full Legal Name - As it appears on your government-issued identification.
o Contact Information – Home address, e-mail address, telephone numbers.
o A PDF Copy of your Field Day Qualifier Voucher.
5. Attend the entire BRGC Field Day Workshop.
6. Present Field Day Qualification Voucher and government issued photo ID showing proof of age.
7. Obtain a minimum score of 80% on the 50-question, Maryland DNR Hunter Education written exam.
8. Receive the approval and recommendation of the Hunter Education Instructor(s).
Important Notes Regarding Hunter Education Field Day Workshop Registration:
Class is limited to 15 students.
Class is filled on a first to register, first served basis.
Class may be cancelled if less than 5 students register.
Registration is not complete until you e-mail the items noted in number 4. above, and receive a reply e-mail confirming your registration.
Students must present Field Day Qualification Voucher, photo ID, and proof of age at the field day event. (Drivers license, Passport, government issued identification card with birth date, or birth certificate are acceptable proofs of age.)
DO NOT CALL BRGC TO REGISTER FOR THE FIELD DAY WORKSHOP.
Other student requirements, course guidelines, and registration instructions for the Internet-based, independent study course are available on the Maryland Hunter Education Independent Study web page at https://dnr.maryland.gov/nrp/Pages/selfstudy.aspx.